HSBC SVNS SERIES CAPE TOWN 2023 EVENT TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS VALID TO ALL TICKET HOLDERS TO THE VENUE
These HSBC SVNS SERIES 2023 CAPE TOWN Event Ticket Terms and Conditions (“Conditions”) govern all Tickets issued for the HSBC SVNS SERIES CAPE TOWN 2023 (“EVENT TOURNAMENT”) and the subsequent admission to EVENT TOURNAMENT venue to attend any Match or Match Day of the EVENT TOURNAMENT. All Tickets are issued by SA Rugby Union (“SARU”) the duly appointed Event Delivery Partner organising the EVENT TOURNAMENT, pursuant to authority granted by Event Partner; World Rugby Tournaments Limited (“WORLD RUGBY”).
1. These Conditions apply to any person (including Children) who purchases, possesses and/or uses or attempts to use any Ticket, each of whom are referred to as a “HOLDER”. The HOLDER shall be deemed to have accepted, and agreed to comply with these conditions.
2. EVENT TOURNAMENT Tickets may only be purchased, processed or issued through TICKETMASTER (directly via any means or via SARU orcom), official corporate hospitality agents and official travel agents appointed by WORLD RUGBY and SARU, or through any other sale or transfer mechanism authorised in writing by WORLD RUGBY and SARU. A full list of official appointed agents or authorised channels is available on www.SVNS.com. The original Ticket Holder is responsible for ensuring anyone they provide a ticket to is fully aware of and complies with these Conditions.
3. WORLD RUGBY and SARU is entitled to modify these Conditions from time to time, without notice, which updated version will be available at www.svns.com and enforceable against each HOLDER.
4. These Conditions are deemed to incorporate the rules and regulations of the ticketing provider of the EVENT TOURNAMENT (“TICKETMASTER”), and the venue at which the EVENT TOURNAMENT is played (“VENUE”). In the case of any conflict or contradiction between these Conditions and the rules and regulations of TICKETMASTER and VENUE and/or any abbreviated form printed on any Ticket, these Conditions will prevail. The validation of the Ticket, and the HOLDER’s entry into any precinct of the VENUE, EVENT TOURNAMENT site, are further confirmation of the HOLDER’s irrevocable acceptance of the terms and conditions which are applicable in the VENUE in which EVENT TOURNAMENT matches will take place (the “Venue Rules and Regulations”). The VENUE Rules and Regulations are available at https://dhlstadium.co.za/. Any HOLDER who does not comply with these Conditions and/or VENUE Rules and Regulations may be denied access to the VENUE, and/or EVENT TOURNAMENT or may be expelled from it without being entitled to claim a refund for their Ticket.
5. It is an essential condition of issuance of Tickets and the right of admission to the EVENT TOURNAMENT conferred on the Holder that Tickets must not be and have not been:
- offered, provided, resold or transferred for a value greater than the original sale price;
- advertised or offered for resale or transfer publicly (including on any website, social media site or other public forum) or elsewhere;
- used in relation to any promotional or commercial purposes (including any competitions, advertising, promotion or as a prize in any competition or sweepstake whether for a business or a charity or otherwise) or to enhance the demand for any other goods or services or as part of a hospitality or travel package;
- transferred or otherwise disposed of to any person who agrees to buy any good(s) or service(s) in return for the Ticket; and/or
- bundled with any other goods or services (including as part of any hospitality, entertainment, accommodation or travel package or service), without WORLD RUGBY and SARU’s prior written consent.
WARNING: Any Ticket that is (or WORLD RUGBY and SARU reasonably believes is intended to be) altered or otherwise fraudulently dealt with, offered for sale, sold, transferred or provided in breach of these Conditions may be cancelled by WORLD RUGBY and SARU without notice and any HOLDER seeking to use the Ticket may be refused entry without refund or compensation of any kind.
6. For the purposes of these Conditions, "Ticket(s)" means a ticket/tickets giving right of entrance to a particular Match at the Venue in accordance with the information stated thereon; and “Match Day” means, in respect of a relevant Ticket, the day on which each Match detailed on such Ticket is scheduled to take place at the Venue specified on such Ticket.
7. All ticket purchasers must be over 18 years of age
8. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Babes in arms (24 months) are not permitted. WORLD RUGBY and SARU recommend against bringing Children under 5 years old to the event.
9. Each Ticket will, subject always to these Conditions, provide admission to EVENT TOURNAMENT for a specified Match Day, with one or more Matches occurring during such Match Day. HOLDER leaving the Venue at any time during the Match Day will be required, if permitted, to have their Tickets scanned out by gate staff in order to be allowed back into the Venue. The conditions applicable to readmission to the Venue shall be the same as those applicable to first admission of the Venue as set out in these Conditions.
10. Entry to the Venue will only be authorised upon presentation of a valid Ticket and, upon request, proof of identity and age with valid photograph and signature.
11. HOLDER will be obliged, upon request, to give an explanation as to how, from whom and from where their Tickets have been
12. Any person who is not in possession of a valid Ticket may be refused entry or expelled from the Venue.
13. HOLDERS must always keep their Tickets in their possession.
14. HOLDERS undertake to comply with any safety measures implemented by WORLD RUGBY and SARU as well as with the VENUE Rules and Regulations. Any breach of these measures may lead to the expulsion and prosecution of the HOLDER and in this case, they will not be entitled to receive a refund for their Tickets.
15. WORLD RUGBY and SARU reserves the right to request that upon entering the Venue, holders of Tickets earmarked for Holders with accessible requirements, provide evidence that they meet the requisite criteria to use this kind of Ticket.
16. Next Level Experiences and other event Tickets may be subject to additional Conditions at point of purchase.
17. All EVENT TOURNAMENT Tickets are subject to TICKETMASTER Purchase Policy as outlined on the Website https://www.ticketmaster.co.za/.
18. Unofficial sale, or resale of Ticket(s) (via any ticketing agent, outlet, or persons) is strictly prohibited and all Tickets void, not valid without recourse to a refund. Tickets may not be re-sold/transferred for profit by anyone other than the World Rugby, SARU or TICKETMASTER.
19. Tickets bought from Viagogo or any other outlet are not valid, and will be void, not valid.
20. Any unauthorised re-sale/transfer shall invalidate the Ticket and the Holder will be refused entry/ejected from the Venue.
21. No food or drink may be brought into the Venue and will be confiscated by Venue security at the entrance.
22. WORLD RUGBY and SARU may place a limit on the number of Tickets that may be purchased for a Match or Match Day whether in a single transaction or a series of transactions, per person, per payment card and/or per household, and reserves the right to cancel without refund or compensation of any kind, Tickets purchased in excess of the stated limit.
23. HOLDERS are barred from accessing the precincts of the Venue while in possession of the following elements or materials: Propaganda material of a racist or xenophobic nature or constituting an incitement to violence. This also applies to the wearing of clothing or insignia of a racist or xenophobic nature or constituting an incitement to violence. WORLD RUGBY and SARU rejects any group that encourages any form of violence and that displays symbols that might incite others to engage in this kind of behaviour.
24. For avoidance of doubt; Any person carrying objects featured in any list of objects prohibited by law or by the VENUE Rules and Regulations may be denied access to the Venue or ejected from the VENUE, and the price of their Ticket will not be refunded. The HOLDER undertakes to comply with the law and with the rules applicable to safety within sports venues.
25. If a HOLDER fails to comply with the rules governing prohibited behaviours and prohibited objects that are defined below, they may be expelled from the Venue without being entitled to claim a refund for their Ticket; For avoidance of doubt, the following is strictly prohibited;
- holding or bringing any prohibited or restricted items (to be assessed at the discretion of stewards, security, safety personnel and/or any other persons legally authorised to take such steps at the Venue ("Authorised Persons")
- using, possessing or holding promotional or commercial objects and materials, such as banners, boards, symbols or fliers. engaging in any ambush marketing (or holding or bringing any items, objects, signs or materials which WORLD RUGBY, SARU or any Authorised Person believe are intended to be used for the purposes of ambush marketing), gambling (or assisting any gambling activity), conducting any commercial activity, offering (either for free or for sale), selling or possessing goods with intent to sell such as drinks, food, souvenirs, clothes, promotional and/or commercial items, without prior written approval of WORLD RUGBY and SARU. All such items, or other Prohibited Items, may be removed or confiscated (temporarily or for destruction) by the Authorised Persons;
- Any weapons, such as knives, sharp objects, bars, firearms, or any dangerous object, including umbrellas.
- Laser pointers.
- Aerosol sprays, corrosive substances, and colorants.
- Glass objects, any kind of bottle, bowl, can or receptacle made of a material that is fragile, particularly hard or that poses a risk of bursting, as per the definitions of such items in the prevailing and applicable laws, as well as any object weighing more than 500 grams or any receptacle with a volume greater than 500 ml. Smaller receptacle may be authorised but their caps must be removed.
- Large sized objects, such as step ladders, stools, chairs, cardboard boxes, or suitcases (no safety deposit facilities will be provided).
- Any torches, rockets, fireworks, smoke bombs or any other pyrotechnic device.
- Alcoholic drinks or any type of recreational drug or behaviour-modifying substance.
- Animals (except for guide dogs).
- Helmets of any kind, electric vehicle batteries, prams
- Wireless devices that emit radio waves (such as cell phone signal jammers, radio scanners and walkie talkies, wi-fi routers (wireless local networking devices)), except for personal mobile phones and wireless receivers (such as radios).
- Noisy mechanical devices, such as megaphones and horns operated using compressed air.
- Selfie sticks, cameras and video cameras for commercial purposes.
- Objects that might compromise or disrupt the experience and enjoyment of the other spectators, such as large flags, oversized hats, large umbrellas, whistles, vuvuzelas, musical instruments, horns, etc.
- Any object that WORLD RUGBY and SARU considers to be dangerous, noxious and/or illegal, or that may be used as a weapon or a projectile or that might compromise or interfere in any other way with the safety of any person or the security of the venue.
Similarly, it is forbidden for a HOLDER:
- to scale or cross any fences, barriers or other elements designed to contain or segregate the audience.
- to engage in races, stampedes, or slides.
- to throw, cast, thrust or fire any objects.
- to engage in or instigate violence, racism or xenophobia, behaving in a way that others may interpret as provocative, threatening, discriminatory, abusive or offensive
- to engage in disruptive or dangerous behaviour or any behaviour interpreted as provocative, threatening, discriminatory, abusive or offensive including, without limitation propelling, throwing, casting, thrusting or firing any objects, engaging in or instigating violence, racism or xenophobia, behaving in a way that others may interpret as provocative, threatening, discriminatory, abusive or offensive, creating any threat to the life or safety of themselves or others, or harming another person in any way whatsoever, climbing lighting masts, fences, roofs and other apparatus or constructions, or standing on seats;
- to enter onto the playing field or enter any other unauthorised area of the VENUE.
- to enter or attend where that person is banned by competent authorities or sport’s governing bodies, from attending rugby matches, receiving Tickets, entering the Venue or remaining at the Venue.
- to sell or to hand over, on the precincts of the VENUE or in its immediate surroundings, any promotional or commercial item or object without the prior authorisation of WORLD RUGBY and SARU. WORLD RUGBY and SARU is entitled to ask the HOLDER to produce a copy of this authorisation upon entering the Venue or at any point in time during their presence in the Venue.
- to bring and/or to keep the balls used in HSBC SVNS SERIES Match days.
26. HOLDERS must always follow the instructions issued by the police, the members of the security detail, the fire brigade, the stewards, the medical personnel, any Authorised Persons of WORLD RUGBY and SARU or announced over the VENUE’s tannoy system. For reasons of safety and security, HOLDERS must be prepared to change seats if the police, members of the private security detail or stewards order them to do so, even if they are asked to relocate to seats outside the zone that is in principle earmarked for them.
27. WORLD RUGBY and SARU is entitled to deny access to the Venue to any person whose clothing or behaviour might jeopardise the progress of any Match. Respect for one another and fair play are key values. Therefore, HOLDERS undertake in particular not to engage in any behaviour that might cause harm to other persons, to the event or to WORLD RUGBY and SARU.
28. HOLDERS are expressly prohibited from using, possessing or holding promotional or commercial objects and materials, engaging in any ambush marketing (or holding or bringing any items, objects, signs or materials which WORLD RUGBY, SARU or any of their authorised agents believe are intended to be used for the purposes of ambush marketing). It is forbidden to conduct any sales activity whatsoever, to offer free of charge or in return for consideration, to sell or to hold items with the intention of selling them (such as, but not limited to, drinks, food, souvenirs, clothes, promotional and/or commercial items, printed materials), without the prior written authorisation of WORLD RUGBY and SARU. All such items and ambush marketing items may be removed or confiscated (temporarily or for destruction) by the authorised agents of WORLD RUGBY and SARU.
29. Any breach of any Condition may, in addition to any other remedy WORLD RUGBY and SARU may have, and even if the HOLDER of the Ticket did not have notice of the Condition or the breach, result in refusal of entry, eviction/expulsion from the Venue, cancellation or voiding of the Ticket and the cancellation of any other Tickets held or purchased for the Tournament without refund or compensation of any kind. In addition, WORLD RUGBY and SARU may impose sanctions including, but not limited to, banning or prohibiting the original purchaser from purchasing future Tickets, tickets to future WORLD RUGBY and SARU matches or refusing to sell or supply Tickets (or any other tickets to WORLD RUGBY and SARU matches) in future to persons found to have breached these All Tickets remain the property of WORLD RUGBY and SARU. In the event of a breach of any of these Conditions, Tickets will, upon request of WORLD RUGBY and SARU or any Authorised Person, be delivered up to WORLD RUGBY and SARU or that Authorised Person (as appropriate). Such actions are without prejudice to other remedies which may include a fine and/or legal action.
30. Entrance to the Venue will be refused to any person noticeably under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any behaviour-modifying substance, or to any person behaving, or considered likely to behave, violently, harmfully or contrary to public Any person noticeably under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, or any behaviour-modifying substance, or to any person behaving, or considered likely to behave, violently, harmfully, or contrary to public order within the Venue will be ejected.
31. Any person attending a Match or Match Day acknowledges that his/her presence and/or movement in and around the Venue is at his/her own risk and that to the maximum extent permitted by law, WORLD RUGBY or SARU , Authorised Persons or any other relevant body cannot be held liable for any loss and/or harm, including but not limited to bodily or mental harm, personal property damage or loss, or any other loss and/or harm arising from and/or occurring during attendance at the Venue, and without limitation to the foregoing, no claim, complaint or proceeding will be brought by HOLDER in relation to the foregoing.
32. HOLDER will indemnify and hold WORLD RUGBY and SARU, Authorised Persons or any other relevant body harmless from and against all damages and liabilities suffered or incurred in connection with, resulting from, or arising out of, a breach of these conditions
33. For the purpose of safety, security and checking compliance with these Conditions, all persons attending a Match or Match Day shall, if requested by any Authorised Persons, co-operate by:
- producing a valid Ticket and proof of identity with valid photograph and signature;
- submitting to a search of possessions and/or body checks for the purposes of locating and removing Prohibited Items;
- relocating to a similar seat if required by Authorised Persons for operational reasons; and
- complying with the instructions and guidelines of Authorised Persons.
34. HOLDER acknowledge that they are individually responsible for their own property and there is no storage available at venues.
35. All sales or other issuance of Tickets is final and non-refundable save where required by applicable South African law or where specifically provided otherwise in these Conditions.
36. TICKETMASTER, WORLD RUGBY or SARU reserves the right to not replace or accept any Ticket that has been lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged, defaced, forged, altered in any way or is unreadable or incomplete.
37. Photographs or any other recording of sound or images taken within the Venue may be used only for personal, private, non-commercial, non-promotional It is forbidden to disseminate or publish over the Internet, radio, television or any other current and/or future form or type of media, any sound, image, description, or result and/or statistics of the Match in whole or in part, or assist any other person(s) conducting such activities. Making, or distribution of, broadcasts, commentary, news reports or statistics (by any means in any format or media including any such content made, recorded or captured in still or moving form by mobile phone or other wireless device) is also forbidden.
38. Any person attending the TOURNAMENT acknowledges and authorises WORLD RUGBY, SARU and the operator of the Venue, free of charge, to record and to use images in which they appear, by any means of acquisition (photography, video, etc.) during the TOURNAMENT, on all media (without limitation in terms of quantity) and via any means of publication or broadcasting (whether now known or hereafter invented), worldwide and for the entire duration of the protection of the rights over same, with permission to assign these rights, for commercial or promotional purposes and/or for the purposes of showing the TOURNAMENT matches, the Venue, WORLD RUGBY and/or SARU, and as part of the transmission of the TOURNAMENT by any medium whether current or future. WORLD RUGBY and SARU are entitled to assign these rights freely to any third party of its choosing. In this regard HOLDERS:
- acknowledges that broadcasters may be operating drones (remotely piloted aircraft systems) in and around the Venue;
- acknowledges that it is likely to be recorded in a number of media and publicly disseminated;
- agrees that perpetual use may be made, free of charge, of his/her voice, image and likeness whilst at the Venue, by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast, transmission or other dissemination or recording, photographs or any other current and/or future media technologies;
- waives, on an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual basis, all rights to object to broadcasting, transmission, or dissemination in any media his/her voice, image and likeness;
- acknowledges and agrees that WORLD RUGBY is the sole legal and beneficial owner of the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of any nature whatsoever in and to any recordings of sound or images taken within a Venue (including future rights to such recordings or to any works derived from such recordings) and waives, on an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual basis, all rights (including moral rights) in and to any such recordings; and
- hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grants to WORLD RUGBY and SARU a perpetual, exclusive, freely assignable and royalty-free and worldwide licence to use, adapt, distribute and/or exploit, by any means and in any current and/or future form or type of media or format, any recordings taken by the HOLDER within a Venue in breach of paragraph 38 of these Conditions.
39. WORLD RUGBY and SARU reserves the right to cancel Matches and/or Match Days or make alterations to the times, dates and Venues of Matches and/or Match Days or other details governed by any Ticket in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including without limitation, force majeure, safety and security concerns or decisions from any other competent authority. In the event of such alteration, WORLD RUGBY and SARU will not be liable to the HOLDER or any other person for any loss resulting from such change. In the event that any Match is cancelled or HOLDER s are not permitted to attend the Match, any entitlement to a refund or compensation to which a HOLDER may be entitled (which in any event shall not exceed the face-value of the Ticket) shall be strictly governed by the refund/compensation process which shall be established by TICKETMASTER and South African law for the purposes of the EVENT TOURNAMENT.
40. The HOLDER agrees that their personal information provided to TICKETMASTER the Ticket purchaser and any other HOLDER may be processed and stored by WORLD RUGBY AND SARU as necessary for the performing of the contract evidenced by these Conditions, including for the purposes of the implementation of these Conditions and for administration, communication, enforcement and access control purposes related to the Tournament. Ticket purchasers and other HOLDERS , acknowledge, understand and agrees that TICKETMASTER may provide their personal information to WORLD RUGBY AND SARU in connection with such purposes.. The Ticket purchaser has a right of access to, and correction of, his/her personal information
41. In the event that any provision(s) of these Conditions be declared void, ineffective or unenforceable by any competent court, the remainder of these Conditions will remain in effect as if such void, ineffective or unenforceable provision(s) had not been included
42. These Conditions will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa. All disputes arising from or related to these Conditions will be submitted to the competent Court in South Africa . Nevertheless, WORLD RUGBY AND SARU reserves the right to pursue any legal proceeding in the competent courts at the defendant's domicile.
43. These Conditions (read it together with the documents referred to herein) constitutes the entire agreement between the HOLDER and WORLD RUGBY and SARU and the HOLDER shall have no claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of WORLD RUGBY and SARU in relation to these Conditions which is not expressly set out in these Conditions